What to do when your dog stops walking after tying on the leash?
We can change this through some training methods.
Let's take a look at how to train a dog to be accustomed to a leash and to obey orders.
QQPETS Dog Leash Company
What to do if the dog does not walk on the leash
What should we do if we want to take my dog out to play but he doesn't leave with a dog leash? I usually take my dog out, the dog is very active, but why does the dog not go with the leash.
Not every dog can be collared and leash willingly. Many dogs stand directly after wearing the collar and leash for the first time. Therefore, at about 4 or 5 months, that is, just before the puppies have all the vaccines, you can start to let them touch and get used to the existence of the leash and collar.
The correct method of leashing is the key to successful dog training:
1. Put on a collar for the dog first, you can choose a more comfortable nylon texture. The tightness of the collar should be able to insert one finger but not take it off directly. Maybe the dog will get used to the new thing on the neck in one morning. Then, leash it with a dog leash.
2. Take the dog to a more open place outside the home, and put it down with the leash tied. Then we walked 2 meters away and let it come. Don’t drag the dog over by force, but call the dog’s name, clap your legs, etc. At this time the dog leash is in a relaxed state. If the dog is still unwilling to move, you can gently pull on the leash to encourage him and give him a little snack to lure him until it comes towards you.
3. The owner should always pay attention to whether the dog is in the correct position and whether there is a phenomenon of pulling the rope. Otherwise, the purpose of training will not be achieved. One of the most common mistakes made during training is that in order to keep the dog in the correct position, the rope is often pulled tight and hardly relaxed. In this way, pressure is often put on the dog’s neck. When it’s time to correct the dog’s behavior, there is no point in pulling the rope. Dogs can't understand the difference between the two.
4. You can pick up the dog leash and walk forward slowly. At this time, the traction rope is still in a relaxed state, and walk forward slowly within the speed that the dog can keep up. If the dog’s performance is good, you can give it a reward midway. The training time is controlled within 10 minutes, and it can be repeated twice a day for several consecutive days.
5. When the dog pulls the rope to walk in a certain direction, immediately force him to walk in the opposite direction. You can turn on the way, or you can walk back and forth on the same road. In short, people lead the dog to walk.
6.When the dog is ready to pull the rope forward, pay attention to what the dog looks like when preparing to pull the rope. When this sign appears, pull the rope back to stop it. However, it must be noted that if the rope around the dog’s neck is always in a tight state, the above training methods will have no effect.
7. In addition, when training or going for a walk, try to let the dog walk on the left side of the owner and face the same direction. If you are not used to the left side, you can also switch to the right side. But don’t let the dog ignoring the owner’s presence and arbitrarily pull the rope and run straight forward. In this way, the owner is unattractive to the dog, not trustworthy at all. If this is the case, training is very necessary.
QQPETS has specialized in manufacturing dog leashes, dog collars and other pet products since 2005. Provide products to many retailers and customers all over the world. Dog Collar and Leashes Manufacturer. Welcome to contact us for getting more information.